Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I know, I know, I'm a terrible blogger

Silas has taken to pooping in the house in the same exact spot every time. Like it's his own personal carpeted potty. He'll do it right after he comes inside too. I'm really not sure what to do about it. I'm about to break down and pay for a flipping dog whisperer or something. I mean. Really.
Also he keeps nipping at us. And sometimes it hurts. And he still has puppy teeth. I can't even imagine what it will feel like once he has his big boy teeth.
On top of everything, work, my crazy dog, my messy house and did I mention work? On top of everything, people have been really difficult to deal with lately. I don't know if it's cause I'm tired or stressed or a combination of the above, but I take everything anyone says or does at a very personal level and I've been crying at the drop of a hat.
For instance. The boy's little sister wrote a blog post on her myspace about her faith and about religion in general and I commented in a way that I would to any of my friends. I talk to people as if they are intelligent human beings and I want to engage them in logical and thoughtful discussions. Is that such a crime? Well, in any case, one of her friends commented below mine saying, basically, not to pay attention to that "dumb girl your brother is datin" because she is all up on her high horse and who does she think she is? And I got upset. Like crying and almost hysterical upset. And I have no idea why. I cried because some 15 year old kid made fun of me on myspace??? Seriously? I don't know, I think it probably boils down to frustrations over my feelings that the boy's family thinks I'm just another "stupid girl" that he is "datin" even though we've been together for 2 and half years and are very committed. I don't think they'll ever take me seriously, or at least not anytime before our ten year wedding anniversary, which for all I know could be 40 years away.
And then someone else removed me from her facebook friends. And I shouldn't be upset about that. Because I really don't ever want to be friends with her again. We had a huge row about a month ago, and even before that she treated me (in my opinion) quite poorly and did not make me feel happy, which is what I think friends should do. But seriously? Removing me from your friends list? Are we 12????
The end.
PS: I promise to not be such a Debbie Downer with the next post.

3 comments:

Doggy Mama said...

ok not to be a know-it-all (I'm not I promise) but I have a few tips for Silas.
1. Tether him to you for at least a week. This means that wherever you go, he goes. This will cement that you are the leader and also allow you to put a stop to any messes that may happen.
2. Put something heavy over that spot. It will discourage the repetitive behavior.
3. When he nips, full out ignore him. Say nothing, do nothing but walk away. Do not yell at him or react in anyway. That will reinforce the behavior.
This will teach him that nipping results in ignoring him and that is exactly what dogs DON'T want.

Just thought I'd share. I've been there. I know how hard and frustrating it is. Good Luck!

The Water Girl said...

Thanks! I'll most def give it a try!

Annie said...

Oh darling, your emotions are probably out of whack from all the hours and stress. I cry over dumb things when I'm overwhelmed, too. I've seen mean myspace posts from in-laws about me, too. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. In the meantime, run yourself a nice bath because you deserve it!